Cruise Ship Passenger Ticket Contract
Cruise ship passenger ticket contracts are written by lawyers and attorneys working for cruise ship companies to limit, and in certain instances eliminate, a cruise line’s liability in the event of injury or death of a cruise ship passenger accident victim. Having previously represented the cruise ship companies for 19 years, the board certified maritime attorneys at the law firm of Brais, Brais & Rusak are in a unique position to help cruise ship passengers who have suffered personal injury, sexual assault (“rape”) or death while on board a cruise ship or shoreside while visiting a port of call. The cruise accident and injury attorneys at the law firm of Brais, Brais & Rusak are very familiar with the traps cruise lines include in their tickets. This specialized knowledge, helps the firm‘s cruise passenger clients in their lawsuit against the big cruise lines.
Most cruise ship passengers don’t have the time or inclination to read their cruise passenger ticket contract. This may prove detrimental to an injured cruise ship passenger’s rights as these tickets contain restrictions affecting your ability to sue a cruise ship company. For example:
- Cruise ship tickets often require injured cruise passengers to provide notice of their accidents within 120 to 180 days.
- Along with the requirement to provide notice, cruise tickets often shorten the allowable time for cruise passengers to file suit against the cruise line to only one year from the date of an accident.
- Nearly every cruise ship company’s ticket designates the city and court in which they must be sued even if the passenger never visited that city during the cruise.
Missing these deadlines or filing suit in the wrong court can result in your case being dismissed. However, maritime law provides limited exceptions to these rules. The cruise accident and injury lawyers at Brais, Brais & Rusak know the restrictions contained within cruise chip tickets contracts and have vast experience litigating these provisions. If you are injured while on a cruise ship, you may be entitled to payment for your medical bills, future medical expenses, lost income, as well as pain and suffering.
The cruise accident and injury attorneys at the law firm of Brais, Brais & Rusak have the experience to protect your rights, the compassion to serve your needs, and the skill to obtain the compensation you deserve. To reach our lawyers you may click email the firm, call 1-800-499-0551 from within the U.S., Skype BraisLaw worldwide or click Contact Us to select and complete a form for a free evaluation of your case.
- Cruise Ship Passenger Injury & Accident
- Cruise Ship Passenger Sexual Assault (“Rape”)
- What To Do If Sexually Assaulted
- Cruise Ship Passenger Shore Excursion Injury & Accident
- Cruise Ship Passenger Disappearances & Falling Overboard
- Ferry, Tour Boat & Charter Vessel Guest Injury & Accident