Scuba Diving & Snorkeling Accidents, Near Drowning, Death
Hundreds of people are injured in Scuba diving & snorkeling accidents each year in Florida alone. Being a PADI certified Open Water Diver and a marine engineer, board certified maritime attorney Keith Brais with the law firm of Brais, Brais & Rusak is in a unique position to help snorkelers and divers of all types, both recreational and professional, in the event of an accident causing injury, near drowning or death. The lawyers at the law firm of Brais, Brais & Rusak with offices in Miami, Florida, Boston, Massachusetts and Houston, Texas are here to help.
Unfortunately, the nature of scuba diving & snorkeling is such that accidents lead to substantial injuries and many times death. These accidents are often preventable and are a result of poor judgment, faulty or poorly maintained equipment, improper signaling, inadequate training or inadequate supervision. These types of shoreside excursions are particularly appealing to cruise ship passengers when visiting foreign ports.
To ensure the safety of their scuba divers and snorkelers, dive companies must follow standard policies, procedures, and U.S. Coast Guard regulations. All too often scuba diving and snorkeling companies fail to follow standard procedures and cut corners on safety. In such cases, the law places a heavy burden upon the dive companies by presuming them negligent unless they can prove that their failure to follow such safety procedures in no way contributed to the accident. Brais, Brais & Rusak’s attorneys have the requisite knowledge to identify when dive companies fail to follow safety regulations and the experience to vigorously prosecute such claims.
Brais, Brais & Rusak have experienced attorneys familiar with handling numerous types of scuba diving & snorkeling injury/death cases including accidents resulting from:
- Out-of-air emergencies
- Dangerous water conditions
- Inadequate supervision
- Inadequate training
- Boat run over
- Faulty or improperly maintained equipment
- Improper Use of Decompression Tables
- Diver operator negligence
- “Dive buddy” negligence
If you are injured by a scuba diving or snorkeling accident, you may be entitled to payment for your medical bills, future medical expenses, lost income as well as pain and suffering.
The attorneys at the law firm of Brais, Brais & Rusak have the experience to protect your rights, the compassion to serve your needs, and the skill to obtain the compensation you deserve. To reach our lawyers you may click email the firm, call 1-800-499-0551 from within the U.S., Skype BraisLaw worldwide or click Contact Us to select and complete a form for a free evaluation of your case.
- Run Over Haulover Snorkeler Brings Maritime Tort and Lien Against 43' Midnight Express Named The Golden Rule The Florida Admiralty and Maritime Board Certified attorneys of Brais, Brais & Rusak filed a verified complaint in rem against a 43' Midnight Express ....
- Snorkeling Accident Near Haulover Inlet Just last week, on October 17, a snorkeler was involved in a tragic accident when a speed boat struck him at the Haulover Inlet. According to Officer ....
- Florida Snorkeler Dies after being Run Over by Boat A Florida snorkeler was run over and killed in Jupiter Inlet. Andrew Harris and Nicole Kapfer were snorkeling on June 8th when two motor boats entered ....
- Brais, Brais & Rusak Represents North Carolina Man Who Nearly Drowned at Sandals Grande Antigua Resort The resort injury attorneys of Brais, Brais & Rusak have brought a lawsuit on behalf of a North Carolina man who nearly drowned while snorkeling on a ....
- Brais Law Maritime Attorneys Settle Hookah Diving Drowning Case The Brais Law dive accident attorneys have been retained to represent the estate and family of drowned recreational diver Leonardo Rosales. On October ....
- Father & Son Injured in the Florida Keys When Boat Ran Them Over WGMD.COM reports 39-year old Jared Adkins and his son Calvin were scuba diving near Conch Reef, just south of Key Largo on August 16th, when they were ....