Seven Years Aboard Offshore Oil Drilling & Exploration Rigs
Keith Brais, perhaps more than any attorney, appreciates the dangers associated with working offshore. After graduating from Massachusetts Maritime Academy with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Marine Engineering, Keith Brais was recruited by the world’s largest off-shore oil drilling and exploration contractor, which at that time was SEDCO. As a part of his training, he began working as an engineer trainee eventually moving through the ranks from roustabout, roughneck, derrick hand and finally an assistant driller (second in command of drill floor operations). In the course of his training, Keith Brais acquired an MMSS-OCS-TI: Well Control, Surface Stack & Subsea Stack, Blow-Out Prevention (“BOP”) Course, Driller Level Certificate.
He worked in the Mediterranean, off the West Coast of Africa and in the Gulf of Mexico on essentially every known type of offshore drilling platform. Keith Brais’ experience includes time working directly on Cameron blowout preventers, tripping pipe, running casing, lowering and raising sub-sea BOPs, setting cement plugs, testing wells and all other aspects of oil drilling and exploration.
All told, Keith Brais sailed off-shore for seven years. With years of real life merchant seamen experience, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Marine Engineering, three U.S. Coast Guard Engineering licenses and 20 years specializing in the field of maritime law, board certified admiralty & maritime attorney Keith Brais brings to the judge or jury deciding your case an unprecedented appreciation of the dangers associated with maritime travel and marine employment.
The attorneys at the law firm of Brais, Brais & Rusak have the experience to protect your rights, the compassion to serve your needs, and the skill to obtain the compensation you deserve. To reach our lawyers you may click email the firm, call 1-800-499-0551 from within the U.S., Skype BraisLaw worldwide or click Contact Us to select and complete a form for a free evaluation of your case.
- “AV” Rated – Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified Admiralty & Maritime Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyer 2008, 2009 & 2010
- Rising Star 2010
- Admiralty Law Committee of The Florida Bar - Member
- Fifty-Years Collective Trial Experience
- Three U.S. Coast Guard Engineer Licenses
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Marine Engineering
- Maritime Law Association – Proctor Member
- Southeastern Admiratly Law Institute – Member & Lecturer
- Ft. Lauderdale Mariner’s Club – Member & Lecturer
- Results & Reported State & Federal Decisions