Cruise Ship Automatic Door Accident Attorneys
Our cruise ship automatice door accident attorneys have handled many passengers lawsuits involving injuries due to malfunctioning automatic doors. These accidents often occur because of:
- None working sensors,
- Improperly calibrated sensors,
- Lack of maintenance,
- Failure to place “out of order” signs, and
- Negligent operation.
Injuries resulting from malfunctioning automatic doors occur with some regularity aboard cruise ships. Automatic doors are often placed on ships’ lido and pool decks separating the exterior and interior sections of the ship. They are also utilized at the entrances in the ships’ theaters, restaurants and gift shops. These doors open and close thousands of times a day allowing passengers and guests to travel about the ship. This constant use necessitates maintenance and system checks to make sure they are properly working. Unfortunately, many times cruise lines do not properly maintain or replace their equipment. Our cruise ship automatic door injury attorneys have discovered that this lack of maintenance often results in injuries.
To prevail in a case involving a malfunction automatic door, the injured passenger must prove that the cruise line failed to act reasonably under the circumstances. This means that the passenger must show that the cruise line either knew or should have known that the door would malfunction and did not take appropriate steps to avoid the accident from happening.
Many automatic door cases handled by our lawyers, involved malfunctioning or improperly calibrated sensors which causes the heavy door to knock over an unsuspecting passenger. Passengers are injured during the initial strike of the door and/or the subsequent fall to the ground. When representing a client who is injured from a malfunctioning door, our cruise ship automatic door accident attorneys request hundreds of documents from the cruise line designed to discover if that door malfunctioned in the past, when the door was last maintained, and whether the type of door had a history of malfunctioning. We also request documents from the door’s manufacturer to determine whether a recall was issued as to any part of the door and if the cruise line adhered to the recall. With this information, our lawyers position the case to prove the cruise line either knew or should have known that the door would malfunction and was negligent by not undertaking reasonable means by which to repair the door or outright replace it with another door.Common Cruise Automatic Door Injuries
Injuries resulting from cruise automatic door accidents include:
- Fractured hips, arms, legs, clavicles;
- Closed head injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries; and,
- Spinal cord injuries.
These injuries could range from a broken arm to catastrophic brain injury. Each case is unique and compensation differs based upon the severity of the injury and culpability of the cruise line. When representing our clients, we take the time to learn how the accident impacted their lives not only financially but physically and emotionally.Experienced Cruise Automatic Door Injury Lawyers
Brais Brais Rusak’s cruise ship automatic door accident attorneys have litigated multiple automatic door injury cases against large cruise lines. From this experience, we know what to look for and how to fight to recover the most for our clients.Obtain Help Today
We can be reached by calling 1-800-499-0551 from within the U.S., 305-416-2901 from within the State of Florida, or by clicking Contact Us and completing a free, no obligation evaluation form. We take each case seriously and will spend the necessary time to discuss your claim and provide our insight for you to have the information needed to make an informed decision about your case.
- Cruise Ship Passenger Injuries
- Cruise Ship Slip and Falls
- Cruise Ship Trip and Falls
- Cruise Ship Assault and Battery
- Cruise Ship Gangway Accidents
- Cruise Ship Tender Boat Accidents
- Cruise Ship Automatic Door Accidents
- Cruise Ship Ticket Contracts
- Cruise Ship Rape & Sexual Assaults
- Cruise Ship Child Molestation
- Cruise Ship Drownings & Pool Accidents
- Cruise Ship Shore Excursion Accidents
- Cruise Ship Medical Malpractice
- Cruise Passenger Disappearances
- Accident On A Carnival Cruise Ship?
- Accident On A Celebrity Cruise Ship?
- Accident On A Disney Cruise Ship?
- Accident On A Holland America Cruise Ship?
- Accident On A Norwegian Cruise Line Ship?
- Accident On An Oceania Cruise Ship?
- Accident On A Princess Cruise Ship?
- Accident On A Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship?
- Accident On A Silversea Cruise Ship?