Fort Lauderdale Mariners Club Member & Lecturer
The focal point of the Club’s activities is the marine seminar held prior to the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show in October of each year. The first marine seminar, held in 1989, was attended by more than 150 people. Today, the seminar draws more than 500 participants from all walks of the marine community. The interesting slate of speakers, coupled with the opportunity for attendees to interact with each other in a vibrant setting, had made the marine seminar a truly international event.
In 2002 and 2006 the Club’s member honored Keith Brais by requesting that he lecture at the fall seminar. “To Deny Coverage or Not Deny Coverage” was the paper presented at the 2002 seminar, discussing various underwriting issues when deciding to accept coverage for marine losses. Read the Complete Paper. “Plowing your Way Into Environmental Liabilities in South Florida” was the paper presented at the 2006 seminar, discussing liabilities, defenses and insurance coverage issues associated with striking and grounding incidents in National Parks and Marine Sanctuaries. Read the Complete Paper.
The attorneys at the law firm of Brais Brais Rusak have the experience to protect your rights, the compassion to serve your needs, and the skill to obtain the compensation you deserve. To reach our lawyers you may click email the firm, call 1-800-499-0551 from within the U.S., Skype BraisLaw worldwide or click Contact Us to select and complete a form for a free evaluation of your case.
- “AV” Rated – Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified Admiralty & Maritime Lawyers
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyer 2008 - 2016
- Rising Star 2010
- Admiralty Law Committee of The Florida Bar - Member
- Seventy-Years Collective Trial Experience
- U.S. Coast Guard Engineer Licenses
- Florida Legal Elite
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Marine Engineering
- Seven Years Aboard Offshore Oil Drilling & Exploration Rigs
- Maritime Law Association – Proctor Member
- Southeastern Admiratly Law Institute – Member & Lecturer
- Reported Decisions