Injured in a Recreational Boating or Water Sports Accident?
Get Advice From an Experienced Boating Accident Lawyer
A boating or watersport accident can happen just about anywhere on or near the water. These types of incidents can result in serious injuries that leave victims with large medical bills, financial struggles, physical pain and emotional suffering. The laws governing accidents involving personal watercrafts, yachts and other recreational vessels can be extraordinarily challenging to navigate on your own. At Brais Law Firm, we have vast experience representing individuals and families that have suffered losses and damages in water-related accidents. Our firm handles all types of recreational boating and watersport cases, including claims involving:
- Personal watercraft accidents. Accidents involving Jet Skis, WaveRunners and other personal watercrafts can be caused by many different factors. Some of the most common causes include speeding, reckless operation, distractions, alcohol use and failure to follow navigational rules. Individuals who are injured because of operator negligence may be entitled to recover compensation for their injuries.
- Defective watercraft cases. Defective Jet Skis, WaveRunners and other personal watercraft products can be extraordinarily dangerous. Not only can operators and passengers suffer serious injuries when a watercraft malfunctions or goes out of control, people who are swimming in surrounding areas can be hurt or even killed.These types of claims involve complicated facts and there may be multiple parties who are legally responsible for the injuries. Our firm knows how to thoroughly investigate defective watercraft cases and we pursue all available legal avenues on behalf of our clients.
- Boating accidents. Boating accidents are more common than we would like to think. In fact, according to U.S Coast Guard reports, nearly 4,500 recreational boating accidents occurred in 2016 alone. Whether the accident involved a motorboat, pontoon, canoe, kayak or other recreational vessel, a boating accident lawyer has the knowledge and resources to help injury victims get fair and full compensation for their losses and damages.
- Yacht accidents. Yacht owners and operators are required to comply with a host of boating rules and safety laws. When these rules and laws are violated and an accident occurs, operators and owners can be held liable for ensuing injuries and damages. At Brais Law Firm, we understand the navigational rules and safety laws. When a yacht accident occurs, we undertake a complete examination so that we can help our clients recover the compensation to which they are entitled.
- Ferry, tour boat and charter vessel guest accidents. Our firm has vast experience representing individuals who have been injured on ferries, tour boats and charter vessels. We handle all types of claims, ranging from slip and falls accidents on wet decks and passengers overboard to physical and sexual assaults. Because the attorneys with our firm have years of prior experience representing these operators, we have an inside understanding of what is required to bring a successful claim.
- Sightseeing and dinner cruise accidents. Whether it’s a snorkeling adventure, sunset sail or a private party on the water, sightseeing and dinner cruises are popular activities for vacationers and residents alike. Unfortunately, passengers and crew members can suffer serious injuries when the operators of these voyages are negligent. At Brais Law Firm, we understand the complex body of laws (known as maritime law) governing accidents and injuries that occur on the water. If you have been injured on a sightseeing or dinner cruise, our team will examine your case from every angle so that we can build a powerful case on your behalf.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Boating Accident Lawyer at Brais Law Firm Today
When you are hurt in a recreational boating or water sport accident, it can be difficult to figure out who you can turn to for help. The attorneys at Brais Law Firm have decades of combined experience helping people who have been injured in all types of boating accidents. Call us today to schedule an appointment with our boating injury lawyers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) … What did the Cruise Lines Know? When? And, Can Cruise Lines Be Held Accountable? A Maritime Lawyer’s Analysis.
April 20, 2020 by Keith Brais
RELATED CLIENT TESTMONIALS
I highly recommend Brais Law Firm. Their professionalism and expertise were top notch. My slip and fall injury case involved a well known cruise ship and was nerve racking to me. They calmed all my fears and walked me through step by step. In the end they helped me obtain a favorable recovery. Look no further, call them with your…
Awesome team of legal professionals!! I can't thank Mr. Brais and his team enough for helping me through the worst experience of my life. Had it not been for their dedication to seeing things through. I would be in a very bad place. I highly recommend Brais Law firm.