Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute-Member & Lecturer
Keith Brais is a member of the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (“SEALI”). SEALI was formed 1968 for the purpose of organizing a forum for the discussion of admiralty and maritime law and its practice and administration, among practitioners in the ports of the Southeastern United States. Regular membership is limited to attorneys admitted to practice in the states of: Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, and Maryland. Attorneys from other states and any citizen of the United States who is not an attorney may join under special membership status. Each year SEALI holds a seminar at which leading maritime practitioners meet and earn Continuing Legal Education credits. In 2006, Keith S. Brais was selected by his fellow SEALI members to present a paper entitled, “The Shipowner’s Limitation of Liability Act: Pitfalls for the Unwary.” Read the Complete Paper.
The attorneys at the law firm of Brais Law Firm have the experience to protect your rights, the compassion to serve your needs, and the skill to obtain the compensation you deserve. To reach our lawyers you may click email the firm, call 1-800-499-0551 from within the U.S., Skype BraisLaw worldwide or click Contact Us to select and complete a form for a free evaluation of your case.
- “AV” Rated – Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified Admiralty & Maritime Lawyers
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyer 2008 - 2016
- Admiralty Law Committee of The Florida Bar - Member
- Seventy-Years Collective Trial Experience
- Three U.S. Coast Guard Engineer Licenses
- Florida Legal Elite
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Marine Engineering
- Seven Years Aboard Offshore Oil Drilling & Exploration Rigs
- Maritime Law Association – Proctor Member
- Ft. Lauderdale Mariner’s Club – Member & Lecturer
- Reported Decisions