Miami Dangerous Household Appliance Attorney
Your household is filled with products that you safely use every day. However, many unsafe products may unreasonably put your family’s health and lives at risk. If a household product injures you or your loved one, you may have a cause of action against the designer, manufacturer or vendor of the harmful product. Establishing fault can be difficult, which is why you need an experienced dangerous household appliance attorney by your side.
Brais Law Firm is a Miami-based products liability law firm that protects the rights of Florida, Massachusetts and Texas consumers. Our record of high dollar awards has earned our attorneys membership in the prestigious Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Because of our ethical, professional and effective practice of law, our lawyers have been awarded numerous awards, including Rising Star, Super Lawyers and Legal Elite designations.
We know that keeping your family safe is a priority and we are available to hold the negligent corporation accountable for injuries you or your family member suffered because of a product defect. Check out our Results page to read about the nearly $40 million in settlements and verdicts our household appliance attorneys have recovered in the past four years alone*.
General Elements of a Household Products Liability Claim
Most products liability claims arise under the strict liability, breach of express warranty or breach of implied warranty theories. A Miami dangerous household appliance attorney at Brais Law Firm will consider which legal theory is appropriate for your products liability claim:
- Strict liability involves products with an unreasonably dangerous defect. You must prove that the defect in the product caused your injuries, but you do not have to demonstrate that the corporation was to blame for the defect. The fact that the defect existed is enough for the designer, manufacturer or distributer to be liable.
- Express warranty refers to an express verbal or written promise as to the products safety and effectiveness if used for its intended purpose. An express warranty is a contract between the manufacturer or seller and you, the consumer, and a breach of that contract is actionable.
- Implied warranty is based in the legal concept that goods must be merchantable and fit for the purpose in which they are sold. A product that is unsafe when used as intended breaches the implied warranty, even if no express language promised safety and effectiveness.
Types of Common Defective Household Products
The types of household products that may be dangerous are endless, but some defects we have encountered in our practice include:
- Poor wiring of household appliances that create electrocution and fire hazards
- Malfunctioning smoke detectors that fail to alert to fire
- Children’s toys that contain toxins or choking hazards
- Playground equipment that puts kids at risk of falls, strangulation or lacerations
- Furniture that can topple onto toddlers and babies
- Pools with malfunctioning suction covers that present entrapment risks
- Food contaminated with bacteria, parasites or chemicals that cause foodborne illnesses
- Toiletries and cosmetics with toxins that damage skin
- Cleaning supplies that expose consumers to poisonous substances
An Attorney Can Help You Recover Damages for Injuries Caused by a Dangerous Household Appliance
If you were injured by a harmful product in your home, you may have a claim for products liability against the designer, manufacturer or vendor. At a free case assessment, Brais Law Firm can advise you on your options for recovery. Schedule an appointment with a dangerous household appliance attorney at our Miami main office by calling us toll-free at 888-238-5637. Under our contingency fee arrangement, you do not owe us lawyers’ fees unless we recover money for you.